How do medications treat athlete's foot?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Antifungal medications work by killing the fungi that cause athlete's foot. Topical antifungal medications are applied directly to affected areas on the foot. Oral antifungal medications are taken by mouth.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

How can I repair the dry cracked skin on my feet?
Dr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNDr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
The use of a moisturizer on your feet after bathing/showering can be helpful in softening the hard s...
What is the best summer footwear for women to buy?
Some summer footwear can be bad for women's feet - want to know what's best to buy? Watch the vid...
Why should I moisturize my feet as I get older?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
As you move into your 50s, 60s, and beyond, your skin may begin to dry out. Unless you moisturiz...
What are affordable options for moisturizing my feet?
Joshua A. Zeichner, MDJoshua A. Zeichner, MD
The best moisturizers for the feet are products that tend to be a thicker in consistency than those ...