How is athlete's foot diagnosed in children?

Doctors can generally diagnose athlete’s foot just by looking at the infected feet. Athlete’s foot can also be diagnosed by scraping the affected skin and looking at it under a microscope to see if the fungus is present.

Not all foot skin problems are athlete’s foot. If you suspect your child (especially a pre-teen) has athlete’s foot, it is a good idea to have a doctor take a look in order to make a correct diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
How can I make sure my shoe fits me properly?
Andy Sharry - Sharecare Fitness ExpertAndy Sharry - Sharecare Fitness Expert
I coach hundreds of runners of all shapes, sizes, speeds and abilities.  The single most important p...
How can I buy shoes that are comfortable and fit properly?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some tips for buying shoes that are comfortable and fit properly: Make sure there’s a qua...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels