How can I have healthy looking feet?

A doctor offers these tips to maintain healthy-looking feet all year round:

• Soak feet regularly in a warm salt-water solution and follow with pumice treatment of heels and calluses.
  • At night, apply moisturizing cream or lotion to clean feet. Mint and menthol-infused creams are excellent soothers for tired feet.
  • Before bedtime, give your feet a well-deserved massage by kneading the sole of each foot with your thumbs. Be sure to include the instep and toes.
  • Wear shoes that are well-cushioned, substantially soled, and comfortable.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
How do I practice good foot care?
Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check ...
What are Southey's tubes?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
English physician Reginald Southey, in the 19th century, introduced the use of small tubes to treat ...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels