Athlete's foot is a fungal infection that affects the feet. Its symptoms can cause discomfort, such as itching, burning, or stinging in between the toes. In some cases athlete's foot symptoms can be painful, such as when blisters develop or the skin cracks. Cracked skin could lead to a bacterial infection.
- Q What do I do if I get athlete's foot?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with athlete's foot?
- Q How can I prevent athlete's foot?
- Q How do medications treat athlete's foot?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my athlete's foot symptoms?
- Q What could cause the dry, itchy patches on the bottom of my feet?