Athlete's foot is a fungal infection that affects the feet. Its symptoms can cause discomfort, such as itching, burning, or stinging in between the toes. In some cases athlete's foot symptoms can be painful, such as when blisters develop or the skin cracks. Cracked skin could lead to a bacterial infection.
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have athlete's foot?
- Q How is athlete's foot diagnosed in children?
- Q What could cause the dry, itchy patches on the bottom of my feet?
- Q Is athlete's foot considered a fungal infection?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for athlete's foot?
- Q How do I manage my athlete's foot on a daily basis?