What are affordable options for moisturizing my feet?

The best moisturizers for the feet are products that tend to be a thicker in consistency than those you would use for other parts of the body. I recommend choosing a product that contains petrolatum, which is the single best skin moisturizer available. Other ingredients to look for are lactic acid and urea, which are natural moisturizing factors in the skin and are important especially for very dry areas like the feet.

You can buy affordable products at your local drug store to keep your feet healthy and smooth. Pumice stones are good for scraping away dry, dead skin and petroleum jelly makes a great, inexpensive moisturizer. And don't forget the power of donning a pair of socks post product application, which will give your feet time to soak up the moisturizer.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
What lifestyle factors can affect foot health?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Many of the same things you do to maintain your overall health can also help your feet stay heal...
How can I treat corns and calluses?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Treat corns and calluses. These hard, thickened areas of skin can be treated with warm soaks and slo...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels