Why might I have foot pain in the morning?

If you have foot pain in the morning, you could be experiencing plantar fasciitis. As you sleep at night, it puts your foot in a pointed position which tightens your plantar fascia and shortens your arch.
(This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What are tips for when my child wears the clubfoot brace?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Tips for Wearing the Brace• Play with your child while they are in the brace as you normally would.•...
What is the Ponseti method of treating a child’s clubfoot?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
In the Ponseti method of treating a child's clubfoot, the abnormally positioned foot is put in a ser...
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?