What is posterior impingement in the ankles?

When tissues in the ankle joint become trapped between the bones, this can cause pain. Pain in the back of the ankle, especially when the toes are pointed, may be due to posterior impingement.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
Are foot problems life threatening?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
For the most part, foot problems are annoying, painful, and sometimes disabling, but they are ra...
How is sesamoiditis treated?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Applying ice to the area where sesamoiditis develops helps relieve pain and inflammation. You ma...
4 Tips to Fight Foot Cramps
4 Tips to Fight Foot Cramps