What is posterior impingement in the ankles?

When tissues in the ankle joint become trapped between the bones, this can cause pain. Pain in the back of the ankle, especially when the toes are pointed, may be due to posterior impingement.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What is metatarsalgia?
Christopher W. Hodgkins, MDChristopher W. Hodgkins, MD
Metatarsalgia is a general term for pain and inflammation in the metatarsal region of the foot, the ...
Why might I have foot pain in the morning?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If you have foot pain in the morning, you could be experiencing plantar fasciitis. As you sleep at n...
How Is Ankle Instability Treated?
How Is Ankle Instability Treated?