What types of nerve problems affect the foot?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
Two types of nerve problems most commonly affect the foot: a neuroma, also known as a pinched or swollen nerve, and peripheral neuropathy, which involves more widespread damage to nerves due to a systemic condition such as diabetes.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
How can heel pain be treated?
Heel pain is a common problem with active people and can be very debilitating. If the patient has p...
What is posterior impingement in the ankles?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
When tissues in the ankle joint become trapped between the bones, this can cause pain. Pain in the b...
Is Foot Pain Making You Fat?
Is Foot Pain Making You Fat?