What is supination?

Supination refers to the rolling outward of the ankles while standing, walking or running. It could also refer to an insufficient amount of rolling inward while taking a step. The foot should naturally roll inward slightly during movement.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

What type of follow-up care does my baby need for clubfoot?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Up to 2 months old, your child should see the doctor every 1 to 2 weeks and have gentle manipulation...
What are tips for when my child wears the clubfoot brace?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Tips for Wearing the Brace• Play with your child while they are in the brace as you normally would.•...
How can I help prevent Morton's neuroma?
Dr. James P. Ioli, DPMDr. James P. Ioli, DPM
To prevent Morton's neuroma, wear shoes with wide toe boxes. Tight, pointy shoes are the principal c...
Is Foot Pain Making You Fat?
Is Foot Pain Making You Fat?