What is metatarsalgia?

Metatarsalgia is a general term for pain and inflammation in the metatarsal region of the foot, the area just before the toes that is more commonly referred to as the ball of the foot. It is often felt as pain in the base of the second, third or fourth toe on the bottom of the foot.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What causes posterior ankle impingement?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
The ankle joint is primarily composed of two bones, the tibia (shinbone) and a small bone between th...
Are there any risks if clubfoot isn’t treated?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
If the clubfoot is not corrected, it can recur.This can lead to the need for more surgery or casting...
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?