What is metatarsalgia?

Metatarsalgia is a general term for pain and inflammation in the metatarsal region of the foot, the area just before the toes that is more commonly referred to as the ball of the foot. It is often felt as pain in the base of the second, third or fourth toe on the bottom of the foot.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What shoes should I wear to keep my feet healthy?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Wearing properly fitted, supportive shoes goes a long way toward keeping your feet healthy. For ...
How can I help prevent Morton's neuroma?
Dr. James P. Ioli, DPMDr. James P. Ioli, DPM
To prevent Morton's neuroma, wear shoes with wide toe boxes. Tight, pointy shoes are the principal c...
How Are Ankle Problems Diagnosed?
How Are Ankle Problems Diagnosed?