What causes high-arched feet?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

High-arched feet may be due to the way the bones of the feet grew during childhood. They may also be due to neurological problems, such as neuromuscular diseases, that affect muscle tone. The condition may be hereditary and the severity of the problem may depend on the cause.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

What shoes should I wear to keep my feet healthy?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Wearing properly fitted, supportive shoes goes a long way toward keeping your feet healthy. For ...
How is calcaneal apophysitis treated?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
Calcaneal apophysitis is usually treated by reducing activity, stretching and using a tapered heel l...
When should I call the doctor about my baby’s clubfoot?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Call your child’s doctor right away if your child has any of these problems with the cast:• Swelling...
What is a neuroma of the foot?
Dr. Celeste Robb-NicholsonDr. Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Nerve irritation can produce a burning sensation or numbness in the foot and may be responsible for ...