What are the treatment options for high-arched feet?

For mild cases of high-arched feet, corrective shoes, arch inserts, or insoles can help to eliminate pain and correct abnormal walking patterns. Surgery to reduce the height of the arch may be required if the condition is extreme. If the condition is due to a neurological disorder, then treatment should be sought from the specialists for that disorder.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
Can high-arched feet have any complications?
Brian YeeBrian Yee
People with high-arches typically have less give in their foot as compared to those with flat arches...
How is ankle instability diagnosed?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
To diagnose ankle instability, your doctor will ask about previous injuries and look for clues to an...
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?