Should I talk to my doctor about my high-arched feet symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Family Practitioner

If high-arched feet are causing pain, you should see your doctor. High-arched feet may also indicate neurological disorders that should be treated by specialists. An unexpected occurrence of high arches may indicate the onset of a neurological disorder that might lead to long-term disability. To avoid this outcome, you should seek medical help promptly. For mild cases of high-arched feet, insoles and corrective shoes, some of which are available over the counter, may be sufficient.

You should speak with you doctor if you have high arched feet and pain or numbness in the feet or difficulty with balance.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
Read More
How can I strengthen weak foot arches?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
The feet are the foundation of any standing movement. Simply allowing your toes to move freely by we...
More Answers
How is sesamoiditis treated?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Applying ice to the area where sesamoiditis develops helps relieve pain and inflammation. You ma...
More Answers
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?
Are My Shoes Causing Foot Problems?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.