What are the symptoms of Morton’s neuroma?

Christopher Chiodo, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Morton's neuroma causes a combination of sharp, burning pain (often described as shooting or electric, like intense pins and needles) and numbness in the toes and foot. Typically it flares up when you are standing or if you wear tight shoes. You may feel like you've stepped on a tiny hot coal and can't get rid of it, while at the same time having the disconcerting experience of not being able to feel your toes.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
How can foot issues cause knee and back pain?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Foot issues can cause knee and back pain because the body moves likes a kinetic chain. It starts at ...
What are the main causes of foot pain?
Suzanne M. Levine, DPMSuzanne M. Levine, DPM
The main causes of foot pain include gravity, weight gain, the aging process, genetics and even gend...
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?
What Is the Harm In Wearing High Heels?