What are the symptoms of high-arched feet?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

High-arched feet tend to be shorter in length than a foot with normal arches. Someone with high-arched feet may experience pain and fatigue in the feet, particularly after walking or running. It may also be difficult to find shoes that fit high-arched feet due to their irregular size and shape.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

What causes posterior ankle impingement?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
The ankle joint is primarily composed of two bones, the tibia (shinbone) and a small bone between th...
What shoes should I wear to keep my feet healthy?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Wearing properly fitted, supportive shoes goes a long way toward keeping your feet healthy. For ...
How is ankle instability treated?
Ankle instability is a condition in which the ankle has lost its normal stability due to loose ligam...
What is a neuroma of the foot?
Dr. Celeste Robb-NicholsonDr. Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Nerve irritation can produce a burning sensation or numbness in the foot and may be responsible for ...