How is supination corrected?

Supination can be corrected with inserts designed to prevent the foot and ankle complex from leaning too far out to the side during movement. Supinator shoes can also be purchased that have a harder base on the outside in order to help the foot maintain its natural pattern of motion. Additionally, exercises that strengthen the inner thighs and stretch the outer thighs can help.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What should I check for when my child wears the clubfoot brace?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
• Check the brace area for blisters or red areas on the skin.• Check the heels and ankles for any si...
What causes hallux rigidus?
Christopher W. Hodgkins, MDChristopher W. Hodgkins, MD
Hallux rigidus is a progressive condition that affects the base of the big toe, making it difficult ...
What Are Common Causes of Ankle Pain?
What Are Common Causes of Ankle Pain?