How is osteochondritis dissecans diagnosed?

To initially diagnose osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), your doctor will conduct a physical exam to assess for tenderness, stability of the ligaments and tendons and range of motion. Sometimes, it is necessary to aspirate the joint fluid for diagnostic purposes. X-rays can reveal signs of arthritis, loose bodies, chip fractures and other bone abnormalities. Your doctor may also seek more sophisticated imaging studies, such as MRIs, CT scans or bone scans.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
Can high-arched feet have any complications?
Brian YeeBrian Yee
People with high-arches typically have less give in their foot as compared to those with flat arches...
How can I strengthen weak foot arches?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
The feet are the foundation of any standing movement. Simply allowing your toes to move freely by we...
What Kind of Flat Shoes Are Healthy to Wear?