How are high-arched feet diagnosed?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The height of the foot arch and deformities like calluses, hammer toes, and claw toes are indicative of high-arched feet. Injuries during exercise are also a possible indicator of high-arched feet. The manner in which you walk may also indicate high-arched feet. Other considerations include whether there is a history of high arches in your family and whether you have any neurological disorders.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

How can wearing high heels hurt my feet?
Dr. Keri Peterson, MDDr. Keri Peterson, MD
Watch as internal medicine specialist Dr. Keri Peterson explains why wearing high heels may be harmf...
Why might I have foot pain in the morning?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If you have foot pain in the morning, you could be experiencing plantar fasciitis. As you sleep at n...
How Is Ankle Instability Treated?
How Is Ankle Instability Treated?
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot
Sizing Up Athlete's Foot