How do other diseases affect high-arched feet?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Many neurological disorders cause high-arched feet. These disorders create imbalances in the muscles of the foot that lead to high arches. Among them, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is the most common cause of high-arched feet. Other examples of such disorders are spina bifida and muscular dystrophy. Polio, cerebral palsy, and spinal cord tumors are also possible causes.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

How is os trigonum syndrome treated?
Thomas P. San Giovanni, MDThomas P. San Giovanni, MD
Pain relief from os trigonum syndrome is often achieved through rest, immobilization and anti-inflam...
What are tips for when my child wears the clubfoot brace?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
Tips for Wearing the Brace• Play with your child while they are in the brace as you normally would.•...
Why might I have foot pain in the morning?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
If you have foot pain in the morning, you could be experiencing plantar fasciitis. As you sleep at n...
How can I speed up recovery time after foot or ankle surgery?
 Wade Kenney Wade Kenney
Keeping the foot or ankle strong going into the surgery will aid in a faster recovery afterwards, ex...