Is there a cure for high-arched feet?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Severe cases of high-arched feet can be resolved by surgery to correct the foot structure. If an instance of high-arched feet is caused by a neurological disorder, repeated surgery may be needed as the disorder progresses. For milder cases of high-arched feet, special insoles, shoes, or braces can be used to provide relief.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
How can I help prevent Morton's neuroma?
Dr. James P. Ioli, DPMDr. James P. Ioli, DPM
To prevent Morton's neuroma, wear shoes with wide toe boxes. Tight, pointy shoes are the principal c...
What is the Ponseti method of treating a child’s clubfoot?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
In the Ponseti method of treating a child's clubfoot, the abnormally positioned foot is put in a ser...
What Kind of Flat Shoes Are Healthy to Wear?