What do I need to know about caring for someone with high-arched feet?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you know someone with high-arched feet that are causing pain, you should advise the person to see a podiatrist. The podiatrist will be able to decide if the person needs surgery or non-surgical treatment. Milder cases of high-arched feet can be treated by devices like insoles and special shoes that are sold over-the-counter. These are possible options for treatment that you can recommend.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
What specialist should I see for ankle swelling?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
While seeing a specialist is beneficial, you may want to see your primary healthcare provider for yo...
What is the Ponseti method of treating a child’s clubfoot?
Medical City Children’s HospitalMedical City Children’s Hospital
In the Ponseti method of treating a child's clubfoot, the abnormally positioned foot is put in a ser...
Even Comfortable Shoes Can Cause Foot Pain