What is the best way to store my melons?

Store melons, once they've ripened, in a warmer zone of the refrigerator. Wash the outside of a melon before cutting into it to avoid the spread of bacteria.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

Make Onions Even Healthier with This Storage Trick
Onions are fairly bursting with antioxidants and other nutritious goodies. But you can get even more out of them if you tuck them away for a spell. S...
How can I store peanuts?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
For storage, use an airtight container and keep your peanuts in a dry, cool place, where they can ke...
How should turkey be stored?
Turkey is best stored in the bottom and at the back of your refrigerator to keep it as cold as possi...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.