How should mint be stored?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Fresh leaves can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-7 days. They can also be frozen. You can also leave them in a warm place to dry but this might cause some loss of flavor.
Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

To store fresh mint leaves, carefully wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in a loosely closed plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator, where they should stay fresh for several days. Just as with other herbs, when purchasing dried mint, try to select organically grown mints, since organically grown herbs are much less likely to have been irradiated. Dried mints should be kept in a tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark, dry place, where they will remain fresh for about nine to twelve months.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

A Good Reason (Besides Taste) to Avoid Canned Foods Whenever Possible
In the late 18th century, Napoleon offered a reward to whoever could figure out how to safely preserve food for his traveling army. Nicholas Appert se...
What is the best way to store my cherries?
Store cherries, unwashed, in a plastic bag in a warmer zone of the refrigerator.
How can I safely store food during my cancer treatment?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Store foods in tightly sealed, covered containers. Discard foods that have passed their expiration...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.