How should fennel be stored?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

It is best to use fennel soon after purchase to take advantage of its aromatic fragrance. It should be stored in the refrigerator crisper, where it can stay fresh for up to three days.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

The Dos and Don’ts of Reheating Leftovers
According to some accounts, in 1953, C.A. Swanson & Sons had more than 500,000 pounds of unsold turkey after Thanksgiving. One employee suggested they...
What is the best way to store my corn?
Store corn with the husks on, in a warmer zone of the refrigerator.
How can I store raspberries?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Store raspberries in the refrigerator. The best storage to prevent crushing and spoilage is to remov...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.