How long can I store green tea bought from China?

A double-walled stainless steel tea tin is the best way to keep your green tea fresh for up to a year. Green tea needs to be kept away from heat, light, air, and moisture. The best way to store it is at room temperature in an airtight tea canister. Unlike coffee, you cannot wrap it up and put it in the freezer. Green tea will lose its flavor and scent quickly if stored in fancy, purely decorative tea containers or kept near a heat source, such as a stove or next to the toaster in your kitchen.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

Make Onions Even Healthier with This Storage Trick
Onions are fairly bursting with antioxidants and other nutritious goodies. But you can get even more out of them if you tuck them away for a spell. S...
How long are cooked meat leftovers safe to eat?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
When it comes to leftover cooked meat, how do you know if it is still safe to eat? Too many peop...
How do I store walnuts?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
It is recommended not to shell walnuts until they are ready to use. For storing, keep shelled walnut...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.