How can I store coconuts?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Mature coconuts are available in most grocery stores. Store them in a dry, cool area if you purchase them whole to crack open yourself. Once a coconut is opened, its meat should be refrigerated and used within seven to 10 days.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

The Dos and Don’ts of Reheating Leftovers
According to some accounts, in 1953, C.A. Swanson & Sons had more than 500,000 pounds of unsold turkey after Thanksgiving. One employee suggested they...
How can I store kiwifruit?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Kiwifruit can be left to ripen for a few days to a week at room temperature, away from exposure to s...
What is the best way to store my corn?
Store corn with the husks on, in a warmer zone of the refrigerator.
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.