Does frozen produce have much nutritional value?

Frozen produce is a great option to provide a variety of fruit and vegetables into a diet year round. Frozen produce has the same amount of minerals, fiber, and carbohydrates as fresh produce. During the freezing process, water soluble vitamins can be lost or decreased when compared to fresh. To reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, consume five to ten servings a day of a variety of produce. 
Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Don't feel like you are short-changing your family if you choose vegetables that are frozen or easily prepared; not all of us have the access to specialty markets or the time to prepare every meal from scratch. Companies like Bird's Eye have developed techniques that capture more of the nutritional value of the food, and the larger companies are beginning to respond to their customers' needs for foods that are free of pesticides and other chemicals. National growers meet tough standards for food quality from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...
Sheah Rarback

Most frozen produce has the same nutritional value as "fresh." I put fresh in quotation marks since if you are eating fresh in the winter up north it is likely that it has been trucked into your area. The same goes for the south during summer. Frozen produce is usually frozen immediately after being picked which maintains not only nutrients but also the fresh picked flavor. Think about all the times you have bought fresh and it didn't taste too good. With frozen there is a consistency in flavor and taste. another advantage of frozen is it is always available, usually less expensive and you can make what you need. I still recommend fresh when it is in season in your area.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

The Dos and Don’ts of Reheating Leftovers
According to some accounts, in 1953, C.A. Swanson & Sons had more than 500,000 pounds of unsold turkey after Thanksgiving. One employee suggested they...
How long are leftovers safe to eat?
Deborah BeauvaisDeborah Beauvais
Manage Your Own Leftovers! Most perishable foods have a shelf life of just three to five days; don’t...
How can I store peanuts?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
For storage, use an airtight container and keep your peanuts in a dry, cool place, where they can ke...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks.