What foods should I avoid if I am trying to get pregnant?

If you are trying to get pregnant you should avoid raw foods such as raw meat, raw fish and soft unpasteurized cheeses. The recommendations are the same for a healthy pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Food Safety & Pregnancy

Can I have caffeine while pregnant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
It’s a good idea to limit caffeine during pregnancy. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant to your centra...
What foods should I avoid while pregnant?
Mercury in fish is a concern for pregnant women. Watch this video to learn the safest kinds of fish ...
Can I still have coffee while pregnant?
The caffeine in coffee and other beverages may be associated with decreased birth weight. Also, ther...
What foods should I eat during pregnancy?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
It is important to eat a balanced, varied diet when pregnant. You want to get the widest range of nu...