Will pasteurized milk make me sick?

Pasteurized milk products have occasionally caused illnesses and outbreaks. Usually, this has happened because of germs introduced in the dairy after the pasteurization process. Pasteurized milk that is correctly handled in the dairy, bottled, sealed, and refrigerated after pasteurization, and that is properly handled by the consumer, is very unlikely to contain illness-causing bacteria. Considering the amount of pasteurized milk consumed in the United States, illness from it is exceedingly rare.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Why You Should Skip Processed Meats
Why You Should Skip Processed Meats
When country super-star Alan Jackson croons, “But, I still like bologna on white bread,” he may hit a note of nostalgia for the go-to lunch of the 195...
What is genetically modified food?
For years, scientists have been cross-breeding plants and animals to create the most desirable trait...
What fruits and vegetables are the most contaminated with pesticides?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
Here are the top most contaminated fruits and vegetables, according to the Environmental Working...
Is Our Environment Causing Obesity?
Is Our Environment Causing Obesity?