Why should I avoid enriched flour?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
After the refining process strips flour of dozens of nutrients, it's then "enriched" through the addition of just four nutrients (B1, B2, niacin, and iron, in a synthetic form). Don't be fooled by the "enriched" name. You're not getting any richer. You're losing out on energy-fueling ingredients naturally found in these foods before man got a hold of them in the processing plant.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

The Organic Product with More Nutrition
The Organic Product with More Nutrition
Should you buy organic? A study suggests it might make sense with this dairy product: milk. In the study, researchers compared the milk from organic ...
Are bugs allowed in food?
Bugs, and even rat hair, are allowed in food -- and it's perfectly legal. Learn more on this top...
How should I help promote sustainable palm oil production?
With the power of the Internet, you can make a difference to promote sustainable palm oil produc...
As a Nation, How Do We Promote an Overall Better Diet?