Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q Are waxes applied to fruits and vegetables to make them look fresh?
- Q What are the drawbacks of food additives?
- Q What are the harmful effects of processed foods on my body?
- Q What are some safety concerns regarding nut quality?
- Q Why is white bread unhealthy?
- Q Should I avoid genetically modified (GMO) foods?