Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q How important is it to consume fortified food products?
- Q What is the leg section of pork?
- Q What are some disadvantages of fish farms?
- Q How should I select ham?
- Q What's the difference between farm-raised salmon and wild salmon?
- Q What is the shoulder section of pork?