Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q What fruits and vegetables are the most contaminated with pesticides?
- Q What is the difference between preserved food and processed food?
- Q Are fortified food products safe for children?
- Q What is cumin?
- Q How are food oils produced via chemical extraction?
- Q What are the health risks associated with artificial food dyes?