Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q What are some harmful ingredients in processed foods?
- Q What synthetic food colors are commonly used?
- Q What are mono-dyglicerides?
- Q Are bugs allowed in food?
- Q Why do foodborne illnesses happen if food safety is regulated?
- Q How can you make sure your sushi doesn’t contain unwanted parasites?