Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q Is genetically modified food (GMOs) safe?
- Q What are cloves?
- Q What are the advantages of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)?
- Q What are the acceptable levels of pesticide residues in food products?
- Q Why might chopped meat make me sick?
- Q How are food oils produced via chemical extraction?