Pink slime was developed as an addition to pet food, but about 70% of ground beef sold in the U.S. at one time had it mixed in. Luckily, public outrage was enough to get most American grocery stores to stop that practice (at least temporarily). McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell have stopped using the filler, as have many public school systems.
- Q How can caramel food coloring impact my health?
- Q What should I know before I try food additives?
- Q What are mono-dyglicerides?
- Q What are some safety concerns regarding nut quality?
- Q What are some disadvantages of fish farms?
- Q How do preservatives work?