What is pasteurization?

Mary Mullen
Pasteurization is a process where milk is heated to destroy microorganisms that can cause spoilage and disease. This process, developed by Louis Pasteur, has been around for centuries and is perfectly safe.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Hawaii Health Alert: Should You Be Worried About GMOs?
It’s almost impossible to turn on the TV without seeing news reports or commercials about GMOs. You’ve probably encountered GMO-free labels on product...
As a Chef, How Do You Eat a Healthy Diet?
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?
What Is Sustainable Seafood?
What Is Sustainable Seafood?