What are the health risks associated with artificial food dyes?

Alan Greene, MD
Pediatrics
There is a correlation between artificial food dyes and hyperactivity, ADHD, and behavioral issues in some kids. Watch pediatrician Alan Greene, MD, discuss the risks of food dyes, how they affect kids and adults, and what to look for on food labels.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

What are the health risks of processed meats?
Processed meats such as cold cuts, bacon, sausages, and hot dogs contain nitrates, chemical additive...
What is the nutritional value of turkey?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Turkey is a very good source of protein, providing 65 percent of the daily value (DV) in one 4 oz. p...
What can I do to protect my family from the effects of food dyes?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
The best way to protect your family from the effects of artificial food dyes is to avoid buying any ...
What are some safety concerns regarding nut quality?
It is especially important to purchase good quality nuts, especially peanuts and Brazil nuts, as res...