What is the difference between farm-raised fish and wild fish?

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Farm-raised fish are generally less expensive than wild fish, but they tend to have more calories and fat, and less protein. They also tend to contain a higher level of toxins because of the food they are usually fed. You should therefore eat wild fish whenever possible.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Hawaii Health Alert: Should You Be Worried About GMOs?
It’s almost impossible to turn on the TV without seeing news reports or commercials about GMOs. You’ve probably encountered GMO-free labels on product...
What is brominated vegetable oil (BVO)?
Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) is essentially vegetable oil treated with the high-density elemen...
What fruits and vegetables are the most contaminated with pesticides?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
Here are the top most contaminated fruits and vegetables, according to the Environmental Working...
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?