Are organic chickens hormone-free?

Well, yes, but all chickens are hormone-free. It's illegal to give hormones to poultry. Organic mainly means the chickens are raised on 100% organic feed and aren't fed antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Jurassic Park Salmon, Anyone?
Jurassic Park Salmon, Anyone?
In the 1993 film Jurassic Park, dinosaurs were genetically engineered to be female -- no chance of reproduction. But as Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) sa...
Does farm-raised fish contain good fatty acids?
dotFITdotFIT
Yes, they do but not equal to their wild counterparts. Wild fish contain more of the healthy omega-3...
Is there mercury in the fish used to make sushi?
Learn more about the mercury content of fish used in making sushi and find out if you may be in dang...
Should I Eat Organic Food?
Should I Eat Organic Food?