Is organic milk more nutritious than conventional milk?

Studies show that organic milk is superior to conventional milk. One review found that organic dairy products are higher in protein and omega-3 fatty acids than conventional products. It also found that organic dairy products have a higher omega-3-to-omega-6 fatty acid ratio, which is thought to reduce inflammation and risk of heart disease. The authors of the review suspect that these differences are due to the ways organic and conventional dairy cows are fed.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Breaking Down Processed Foods
Breaking Down Processed Foods
Years and years ago, food came straight from the ground or from the branch and went directly to the table. That sort of freshness is a little harder t...
What are the harmful effects of processed foods on my body?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
When we eat processed foods, our bodies lose the capacity to self-heal efficiently as chronic inflam...
What is BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) or BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) and BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) are two of the most widely used ch...
Should I Eat Organic Food?
Should I Eat Organic Food?