Can I ingest antimicrobial-resistant organisms from food?

Lisa Dumkow, PharmD
Pharmacy Specialist

You can ingest antimicrobial-resistant organisms from food. We are what we eat. When food products are colonized with antimicrobial-resistant organisms, that resistance can be transferred to humans who eat those food products. It is best to consume antibiotic-free food.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Breaking Down Processed Foods
Breaking Down Processed Foods
Years and years ago, food came straight from the ground or from the branch and went directly to the table. That sort of freshness is a little harder t...
How can I reduce the risk of eating contaminated fish?
Margaret FloydMargaret Floyd
While it's impossible to know the toxicity of any given fish without testing that specific fish,...
Will pasteurized milk make me sick?
Pasteurized milk products have occasionally caused illnesses and outbreaks. Usually, this has happen...
Why Are People Afraid to Cook Seafood at Home?