First, always take a look at the sell-by date to ensure freshness. Wild, free-range, and organically grass-fed animals are the healthiest choices. Venison is tastiest when brought to the market at a younger age. Younger deer generally have darker, more finely grained meat and whiter fat.
- Q How can I avoid eating pink slime?
- Q How are food oils produced via mechanical extraction?
- Q What should I know about sodium nitrite before receiving it?
- Q What is community supported agriculture (CSA)?
- Q What are the major safety concerns with pork products?
- Q What fruits and vegetables are least contaminated with pesticides?