How can caramel food coloring impact my health?

Caramel coloring has the potential to cause cancer and it is hidden in a lot of products that you might not know about. Watch Dr. Oz and Urvashi Rangan, PhD, from Consumer Reports, discuss what is so alarming about this ingredient.
Alan Greene, MD
Pediatrics
When people see caramel food coloring on a label, they may think that additive is natural -- but it is actually a chemical, which can contain ammonia! Watch me discuss the danger of caramel coloring and what you should know.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

"Flame Retardants" in Your Gatorade: Hazard, or Hype?
We have a long history of doing questionable things to vegetable oils—and putting them in odd places in the food supply. The best-known and deservedl...
What are the health risks associated with artificial food dyes?
Alan Greene, MDAlan Greene, MD
There is a correlation between artificial food dyes and hyperactivity, ADHD, and behavioral issues i...
Is it safe to consume turkey?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Turkey is not commonly an allergenic food; however, gallbladder attacks have been attributed to turk...
Are Farmed Fish Safe and Sustainable?
Are Farmed Fish Safe and Sustainable?