How can caramel food coloring impact my health?

Alan Greene, MD
Pediatrics
When people see caramel food coloring on a label, they may think that additive is natural -- but it is actually a chemical, which can contain ammonia! Watch me discuss the danger of caramel coloring and what you should know.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

"Flame Retardants" in Your Gatorade: Hazard, or Hype?
We have a long history of doing questionable things to vegetable oils—and putting them in odd places in the food supply. The best-known and deservedl...
How can I identify an industrially produced meat?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The meat of wild animals that early humans consumed was very different from the industrially produce...
Is the genetic manipulation of food a new technique?
Manipulating the genetics of foods is not new. Traditional crop and animal breeding has been practic...
Why do some products contain very high levels of fortified nutrients?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Getting sufficient amounts of key nutrients is important for a healthy diet, but many Americans don’...