Does eating processed meats increase the risk for premature death?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Eating processed meats regularly does increase risk for premature death. Watch Robin Miller, MD, explain how a diet with a lot processed and red meat leads to risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Antibiotic Resistance Is More Than Futile
When the Borg set its sights on a species for assimilation, they’re warned, “Resistance is futile.” However, in today’s world, bacteria’s resistance t...
Why might chopped meat make me sick?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Intestinal bacteria that contaminate meat contaminate that portion that is exposed, namely the s...
Why should I avoid enriched flour?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
After the refining process strips flour of dozens of nutrients, it's then "enriched" through the add...
As a Chef, How Do You Eat a Healthy Diet?