Are organic foods healthier?

Not necessarily. Currently, there isn't research to suggest that they are healthier than traditionally grown foods. 

Studies have shown that organic farming can help the environment by reducing pesticide use, energy use, greenhouse emissions, and my increasing biodiversity in fields. Unfortunately, organic foods tend to cost more than those that are conventionally grown. For example, organic produce can range can cost being around five to about 70 percent more than conventional foods.

Mary Mullen
The choice to buy organic or conventional produce is a personal one. To date, there is no conclusive scientific evidence to show that organically produced foods are healthier or safer than conventionally grown foods. Both organic and conventional farming supply nutritionally comparable foods. Organic produce often costs more than conventionally grown foods. However, if you buy it in season or grow your own, it can be equal in price to or less expensive than conventional produce.
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Why We’re in Favor of Labeling GM Foods
Why We’re in Favor of Labeling GM Foods
In a survey, 72% of Americans said avoiding genetically modified (GM) food is important to them. But it’s easier said than done.  An estimated 60 to 8...
How can caramel food coloring impact my health?
Caramel coloring has the potential to cause cancer and it is hidden in a lot of products that you mi...
Is not-from-concentrate orange juice lower in pesticides?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
You may assume that orange juice that's not from concentrate is purer, but in fact, if it comes ...
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?