Are all organic foods healthy?

Just because it’s organic doesn’t mean it’s healthy! Organic soda, ice cream, and potato chips, for instance, are still high-calorie splurges that can pack on the pounds and pad your grocery bill. Make sure at least three-quarters of your cart is loaded with minimally processed foods that look as close to their natural forms as possible.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
No! You can buy "organic" cookies, candy, chips, and other snack items. The word "organic" refers to how the food was grown/raised.

It does not automatically make the food healthy!

Continue Learning about Food Production & Health

Hawaii Health Alert: Should You Be Worried About GMOs?
It’s almost impossible to turn on the TV without seeing news reports or commercials about GMOs. You’ve probably encountered GMO-free labels on product...
What are the acceptable levels of pesticide residues in food products?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
While the EPA and FDA estimate that excessive pesticide residues are found on about three percent of...
How is a transgenic crop made?
The processes involved in making a transgenic crop are as follows:Identification of an organism cont...
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?
Why Should I Eat Locally Grown Food?