What is the rate of incidence for infant botulism?

Since its recognition in 1976, reported cases of infant botulism are on the rise. It is presently an internationally acknowledged disease. On average there are about 94 incidents of infant botulism reported each year. About 90 percent of all infants infected are under six months of age.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Listeria Outbreak: Must-Know Facts and Symptoms
Food poisoning from listeria keeps making headlines in 2015. In April, Blue Bell Creameries recalled all of its products—though it started pulling pro...
E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
Can people with a high Listeria risk eat pâté or meat spreads?
Those at higher risk of Listeria infection—older adults, pregnant women, and those with a weakened i...
How should I prepare food to avoid contamination if I am on dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
If you are on dialysis, it’s important to shop for and prepare food carefully to avoid contamination...