What else besides contaminated food can cause a Listeria infection?

Listeria infections are almost always caused by contaminated food. In rare cases, cases of hospital-acquired Listeria infection have been reported.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Reusable Totes Can Harbor Bacteria and Make You Sick
You're trying to do your bit to save the planet by using eco-friendly grocery bags, but if you don't clean those reusable totes frequently and properl...
Can I eat smoked seafood if I have a high risk of illness from Listeria?
People at a higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weak...
Can I handle meat if I have a high risk of serious illness from Listeria?
People at higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weaken...
7 Scariest Food Bugs That Can Make You Sick
7 Scariest Food Bugs That Can Make You Sick7 Scariest Food Bugs That Can Make You Sick7 Scariest Food Bugs That Can Make You Sick7 Scariest Food Bugs That Can Make You Sick
Understand some of the common causes of food poisoning—and how to avoid them. Every year thousands of pounds of food products are recalled due to fear...