What are the symptoms of infant botulism food poisoning?

The first sign of infant botulism food poisoning is often constipation. Other symptoms include: muscle weakness evidenced by floppy limb movements and loss of head control, crying, moodiness, drooling, fatigue, difficulty sucking or feeding, drooping eyelids, difficulty eating and eventually paralysis. Without treatment, the symptoms progress and can lead to paralysis or death.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
Listeria Outbreak: Must-Know Facts and Symptoms
Food poisoning from listeria keeps making headlines in 2015. In April, Blue Bell Creameries recalled all of its products—though it started pulling pro...
How should I prepare food to avoid contamination if I am on dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
If you are on dialysis, it’s important to shop for and prepare food carefully to avoid contamination...
How many people does food poisoning hospitalize and kill in the US?
In the United States, food poisoning leads to the hospitalization of 300,000 and kills 5,000 annuall...