Is botulism food poisoning different from infant botulism?

Botulism food poisoning refers to the illness that affects adults, while infant botulism is an illness in babies. Infant botulism occurs when botulism spores multiply in a baby's intestines. This is the most common type of botulism and typically affects babies from two to six months old. Symptoms and treatments for infant botulism are different from those of botulism food poisoning. A major cause of infant botulism is feeding honey or corn syrup to babies who are too young.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

News: E. coli Illnesses From Romaine Hit 197, but End of Outbreak Appears to Be Over
As the reported number of illnesses from E. coli linked to romaine lettuce has reached 197, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now s...
E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
How long can I keep side dishes outside before serving?
It's not uncommon for an outdoor cook to stash side dishes like potato salad or coleslaw on the tabl...
How can I keep my kitchen free of listeria?
To keep your kitchen free of listeria, consider the following tips: Keep cold foods cold, which m...