Is it safe to eat raw cookie dough?

Regardless of how good cookie dough tastes, raw eggs can harbor bacteria that cause food poisoning and young children are more susceptible.

To make sure your cookies are tasty and safe, follow these steps:
  • Wait until cookies are fully baked before digging in.
  • Don't lick beaters, spoons or bowls.
  • Wash your hands before starting your cookie making, immediately after you've handled raw eggs and when you've finished.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Safe Food Handling: How to Avoid Foodborne Illness
Are you having E. coli, salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, or cyclospora for dinner? These are just a few of the hundreds of organisms that could be...
Easy Ways to Prevent Food Contamination
Easy Ways to Prevent Food Contamination
In the BBC-3 series Climaxed, mini-episodes explore hit-and-miss relationships between people after they have sex. One four-minute taste of Sam ‘n’ El...
How can I keep my kitchen free of listeria?
To keep your kitchen free of listeria, consider the following tips: Keep cold foods cold, which m...
How can I keep food safe in my refrigerator?
To keep food safe in your refrigerator, do the following: Keep the refrigerator temperature it at...