Can people at higher risk of Listeria infection safely eat cheese?

People at a higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weakened immune system, and pregnant women, should only eat cheeses and other dairy products that are labeled as made from pasteurized milk.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
Safe Food Handling: How to Avoid Foodborne Illness
Are you having E. coli, salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, or cyclospora for dinner? These are just a few of the hundreds of organisms that could be...
What are some foods that Listeria has been linked to?
Listeria infections have most often been linked to turkey and other ready-to-eat deli meats, hot dog...
Can I handle meat if I have a high risk of serious illness from Listeria?
People at higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weaken...