How is infant botulism food poisoning diagnosed?

The primary means for diagnosing infant botulism food poisoning is by doctor's examination. Your doctor will first ask if your infant has eaten honey, a known host to the bacteria spores that cause infant botulism. Your doctor will also ask about constipation, energy level, changes in eating habits, and signs of muscle weakness. Testing of stool or vomit can also be performed to confirm evidence of the harmful bacteria.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
Reusable Totes Can Harbor Bacteria and Make You Sick
You're trying to do your bit to save the planet by using eco-friendly grocery bags, but if you don't clean those reusable totes frequently and properl...
What precautions should I take to avoid food-borne illness?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Four Easy Steps to Food Safety in Your Family Kitchen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvtkbPBrH4I
How long can I keep side dishes outside before serving?
It's not uncommon for an outdoor cook to stash side dishes like potato salad or coleslaw on the tabl...