How do I manage my infant's botulism on a daily basis?

Your infant will need to be hospitalized for several weeks to receive treatment and have her respiration and nutrition monitored. As a parent, your presence will be critical to your child's comfort. Because the recovery period is lengthy, you may want to consider joining an infant botulism support group to share stories and get support from other parents who have faced this difficulty.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Listeria Outbreak: Must-Know Facts and Symptoms
Food poisoning from listeria keeps making headlines in 2015. In April, Blue Bell Creameries recalled all of its products—though it started pulling pro...
E. coli Outbreak Linked to Romaine Lettuce (Again)
Another nationwide outbreak of E. coli infection has prompted recalls of more than 75,000 pounds of romaine lettuce and other salad mixes that contain...
How should I handle listeriosis if I'm pregnant?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
While listeriosis is often a very mild condition for normal, healthy individuals, it is a very serio...
What is food borne illness?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
Food borne illness is commonly known as food poisoning. Every year in the United States, food borne ...